Nesting this time around does NOT mean sanding and staining a crib and changing table/dresser. Because luckily, I’ve already done that. But it does mean moving big sister into a new big girl bed. The thing is, I didn’t like the style of a lot of twin bed frames that are relatively cheap. AND the [...]
*Warning, this contains graphic descriptions of real life experiences with “nausea and vomiting of pregnancy” (which is the technical medical name). Reader discretion advised. Particularly if you don’t have kids yet.
You know that feeling when you’ve had the flu for like a week and you are staring to feel sort of “normal” again? But you’re still very cautiously optimistic about it? Like, you’re suddenly ravenous, but you’re still afraid to eat anything but chicken noodle soup for another day? And you feel like sitting up, but there’s just a tiny lingering of the dizziness, but you actually got dressed today?
That’s kind of how I’m starting to feel. Only it wasn’t a week of the flu, it was like, 10 weeks of … well… nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (aka “morning” sickness). I think I can finally start to find the humor in it. Maybe. So as a guide for others, I’ve decided to write down some of my findings. Namely, the best, and worst things to throw up.
It is officially the second trimester, which means it’s time to recap the first one! Which pretty much sucked. I mean, we were certainly excited with the positive test. And we still are! But… throwing up every other day… not ok. Laying on the couch, not able to do normal stuff… not ok. Extreme exhaustion… [...]
It’s been on Facebook for a while now and pretty much everyone knows, I guess I should announce it to the blogosphere. (That is a thing, right? Did I spell it right?)
Avie is finally going to be a big sister!! Or at least that’s how we told our family. In her 2 year old understanding, there is indeed a baby in mommy’s belly… and possibly one in her own. However, she has no idea what this will mean for this mama’s girl…
Well, the moving saga has come to an end… and not in the way we had hoped. After 3 months on the market, our perfect little house has had over 10 showings and only a few who were serious enough to go to the bank. Unfortunately, those didn’t work out. And here it sat, still [...]
I think I forgot to tell you about the slouchy shirt I made. This is the shirt that I bought from Old Navy and I love it. It’s the perfect slouch, just loose enough, but not entirely shapeless. So I traced it to some postal paper. (I buy it by the roll from Dollar Tree [...]
I think we’ve concluded that with a 1 for 3 record, open houses may not be doing the trick. We’ve had 3 so far, and only 1 of them actually had any visitors. It’s a lot of work for not a lot of benefit. (To be fair, showings haven’t done the trick yet either.) Honestly, if someone’s really interested, they will most likely just schedule a regular showing. At least then you know that they’re coming…
As promised, here are a few of my favorite scrapbook pages I’ve been working on for Avie’s baby book. Yes, those are our original hospital bands and the card they put in her bassinet while we were there. Seriously, this pack of die cut circus animals is my favorite. Kinda wish we would have gone [...]
Today has been a particularly aggravating day for the Bayer family. Ansen and I were awoken by a particularly pesky and aggressive fly before our alarms were set to go off. Then once we finally got out of bed, we find Avie, with her pants down and poo everywhere…. including the dogs new toy that [...]
It’s been 6 and a half weeks. I wish I had some news to share with you. I wish there was something happening. But unfortunately, there’s not. We’ve had lots of showings on our house. Two open houses. Probably 8 or so different couples have looked at it. Some even seemed serious, but we have [...]
Subscribe by E-Mail
Get each of our posts sent directly to your inbox!
- A Big Girl Bed October 29, 2014
- 5 Best and Worst Things to Throw Up September 18, 2014
- First Trimester Recap September 10, 2014
- An Announcement! August 21, 2014
- Closing a Chapter July 17, 2014
- Slouchy Shirt Tutorial July 1, 2014
- Open Houses July 1, 2014
- Scrapbook Pages June 25, 2014
- Just Our Luck June 23, 2014
- The Waiting Game June 15, 2014
- It Is Late. I Need to Pack. June 4, 2005
- A History of the Blog January 21, 2005
- Copying Tiffany June 11, 2005
- The Relationship Experts February 28, 2005
- IMPORTANT SAFETY BULLETIN March 29, 2005
- Freelance News… July 20, 2005
- Mexican Food and CD Covers May 19, 2005
- In Memoriam August 14, 2005
- Y la montana se movera! February 12, 2006
- Freelance CD July 13, 2005
- criticaforense.com.br: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblo...
- Dri: Thanks Ashley! That's a great suggestion. I'll h...
- Ashley: The Cricut is amazing! But the cartridges are kind...
- Dri: Hey Madison! It’s so exciting to hear that you ...
- Madison: Hey Dri, The pattern I can do but I need some s...
- Arielle: Yeah, definitely have to sand after the primer. :(...
- Dri: Thanks!...
- Shana: It beautiful, this far. Great Job!...
- LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby?: It was an adventure! We're so glad we "stopped b...
- Dri: That's actually just an idea photo I found on Pin...
Checking the Tweets
Follow @ansenbayer on Twitter