I’m going to be honest, I’m having a little trouble getting into the Christmas Spirit, especially since the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is sooo short this year. It’s taken me all week to finally get the house decorated, switching out the regular for the seasonal… and I’m not really sure I’m done, but here’s [...]
We have much to be thankful for this year. Life, health, provision. But you know, the one thing I am most thankful for, are the people in my life. Over the past few years we developed some wonderful friendships and even more recently, been able to take the friendships even deeper.
Each month, we have several accounts that we contribute to. They’re usually pretty small amounts, but that way we are always saving toward those things. One of those accounts is our “large household item” accounts, which is where we purchase… well… large household items. We’ve bought things like our bed, book shelves, paint for walls, [...]
Last night, it got down to like 18 degrees! Definitely makes me miss the awesome time we just had on our first vacation since our Honey Moon. We’ve been saving up for a LONG time (6 years to be exact) to finally be able to do something with just the two of us. But we [...]
To finish off the kitchen, I had a fun project to fill this empty space. Previously, there were three tiny little plaques, but it needed something a little more… grand. My sister-in-law just completed at cool chalkboard piece for her mom and Ansen said, “hey, why don’t we do something like that.” So I got [...]
Since we’ve been talking and thinking about moving, but have yet to find the right house for us, I have decided to throw my energies into making our home the best that it can be until the time comes. It’s helping me to keep what little sanity I have by keeping me too busy to [...]
That is the question. At least that’s the question we’ve been asking ourselves quite a lot lately. You see, we have a lovely little home 3 bedroom, 2 bath, open concept, new build that is just perfect for us right now. But this is not our “forever” home (for several reasons, which I’ll address in a moment) and now just might be the perfect time to buy and sell with our given real estate market. Prices are still reasonably good and rates are low, but our house has built enough equity that we might be able to make a decent jump…
If you read the previous post, you’re wondering about the chair. Sadly, I failed to take a full view of the “before” but these should give you an idea of the shape this $10 chair was in: The wood was pretty dried out and cracking. This was one of the major ones and then one [...]
Ok, so there are a few minor things yet to do, but I’m calling this office redo DONE! Here it is: My desk – $66.77 (desk purchase and supplies to refinish) My chair – $17.78 (chair purchase and supplies to refinish) TV from the living room (new TV there) – Free? Well… I mean, the [...]
Redoing the office was meant to be a low budget task. I found free pallets to use as bed frames, I bought a used desk and used chair, I did a lot of diy… but needless to say, all of that is starting to add up. I mean, it’s been stretched over 7+ months, so [...]
Subscribe by E-Mail
Get each of our posts sent directly to your inbox!
- Getting into the Christmas Spirit December 6, 2013
- Thankful November 30, 2013
- Making laundry fun again… for a while November 22, 2013
- Warm Thoughts November 13, 2013
- Chalkboard Frame September 23, 2013
- Kitchen Nightmares September 19, 2013
- To Move or Not to Move September 11, 2013
- The Chair August 29, 2013
- It’s Officially Done! August 27, 2013
- Way past “budget” and on to “get it done!” August 18, 2013
- It Is Late. I Need to Pack. June 4, 2005
- A History of the Blog January 21, 2005
- Copying Tiffany June 11, 2005
- Freelance News… July 20, 2005
- The Relationship Experts February 28, 2005
- IMPORTANT SAFETY BULLETIN March 29, 2005
- Freelance CD July 13, 2005
- Random Ramblings (With Abe, Thomas, and Nathan) February 8, 2005
- Y la montana se movera! February 12, 2006
- In Memoriam August 14, 2005
- Arielle: Yeah, definitely have to sand after the primer. :(...
- Dri: Thanks!...
- Shana: It beautiful, this far. Great Job!...
- LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby?: It was an adventure! We're so glad we "stopped b...
- Dri: That's actually just an idea photo I found on Pin...
- Martha Reimer: Avie's picture didn't show up?...
- Martha Reimer: Where did you get those cool boxes on the shelf???...
- Dri: Hi Amy, I apologize for the oversite. The photo ha...
- Amy (badskirt): Please remove my image from this post which has be...
- Dri: Thanks Melinda!...
Checking the Tweets
Follow @ansenbayer on Twitter