If Avie is a lesson in patience (which, let’s face it, what 3 year old isn’t), then Arwyn is a lesson in humility. After kiddo number one, I was pretty sure I had this parenting thing figured out. I mean, I’m not perfect, but I never doubted my ability. She ate like a champ, so […]
Since little miss Arwyn is now 3 months old, we are officially past what some call the “Fourth Trimester”. And while I don’t adhere to the full belief in the fourth trimester, I think there is something to be said for transitioning from womb to world. Coming out of the other side, I feel like I’m […]
This summer we are blessed with not one, but two family vacations. One to start and one to end the summer. So we started off the summer with a bang in Destin! A 12+ hour car ride with 2 littles (3 years and 2 months) was not my idea of fun, but we took our time […]
I am not a bandwagon jumper. Especially when it comes to dietary issues. Ansen and I believe in an “everything in moderation” approach to pretty much everything food. I’m sure there are good things about those diets (you know which one’s I’m talking about), but let’s be real. We like food and all kinds. But […]
Arwyn is almost a month old now, so it’s about time I wrote about her birth! Seriously, I have a hard time believing it’s already been 4 weeks, but when the days and nights all run together, I guess it’s not hard to see how that happens. On to the birth: (Disclaimer: this is a […]
Being 8 months pregnant, I decided that if Avie was, in fact, going to have a birthday party, it had to be simple. I’m sort of torn between the fun, excitement of having a birthday party and “does a 3 year old really care?” I settled somewhere between, being the “guardian of birthdays” (which I recently discovered I am in a Myers-Briggs test). We can have a party, but keep it simple… or as simple as this crazy let’s-do-all-the-things momma can be. So we did a build-your-own sundae bar!
For Avie’s birthday, we decided that it would be really fun to give her a play kitchen for all of her kitchen-type itmes to go. After checking out the plastic ones that are rather cheaply made, but not cheap… I though, “hey, I can make one.” And then, after looking for an end-table to turn into a kitchen, immediately regretted that decision.
But, my parents (and siblings) graciously let me have this one:
Well, the fun time of happy pregnancy is over. We are officially in the “if I drop it on the floor it’s a lost cause” phase. Thankfully, I have a very helpful pre-schooler (also a newly official thing) who is happy to pick up mommy’s dropped things. With only 8 weeks left, I was starting to feel the pressure. Now with only 4-ish, I’m just trying to stay calm and soldier on.
Oh my long neglected blog. It’s been months (months!?!) since I’ve written. Holy cow. So this has been a long time coming. But after we found out that baby #2 was coming and there wasn’t much of a chance of a bigger home right now, we decided to switch the office and Avie’s bedroom because the office is slightly bigger for sharing.
The good news is that the gray chevron that we spent forever on still works well for a little girls room. In fact, before we knew that we’re having a second girl, we knew that the gray chevron would be versatile enough to be a boy/girl room if need be.
We didn’t really have to do much but move things and put up all the existing decorations. There weren’t any added expenses, but I think it turned out pretty cute.
We’ve been cruising in the second trimester for a while and I’m quite happy to be here. There are actually quite a few perks of being in this sweet spot.
– Less nausea and no throwing up (at least for me)
– Starting to feel kicks and movement
– Not yet the size of a house
– Actually being able to wear cute maternity clothes
– Beginning to get excited about baby #2
– Finding out the gender
Speaking of gender…
Subscribe by E-Mail
Get each of our posts sent directly to your inbox!
- Lessons in Patience and Humility July 21, 2015
- Fourth Trimester June 13, 2015
- First Family Vacation June 11, 2015
- No Mo’ Milk May 1, 2015
- Arwyn Claire’s Quick Arrival April 6, 2015
- Build-Your-Own Sundae Bar Birthday February 22, 2015
- Play Kitchen February 20, 2015
- Third Trimester February 18, 2015
- Switching Rooms January 15, 2015
- Perks of the 2nd Trimester November 13, 2014
- A History of the Blog January 21, 2005
- It Is Late. I Need to Pack. June 4, 2005
- Copying Tiffany June 11, 2005
- Freelance News… July 20, 2005
- IMPORTANT SAFETY BULLETIN March 29, 2005
- The Relationship Experts February 28, 2005
- Freelance CD July 13, 2005
- Y la montana se movera! February 12, 2006
- Mexican Food and CD Covers May 19, 2005
- Random Ramblings (With Abe, Thomas, and Nathan) February 8, 2005
- escort adana: Thanks on your marvelous posting! I really enjoyed...
- criticaforense.com.br: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblo...
- Dri: Thanks Ashley! That's a great suggestion. I'll h...
- Ashley: The Cricut is amazing! But the cartridges are kind...
- Dri: Hey Madison! It’s so exciting to hear that you ...
- Madison: Hey Dri, The pattern I can do but I need some s...
- Arielle: Yeah, definitely have to sand after the primer. :(...
- Dri: Thanks!...
- Shana: It beautiful, this far. Great Job!...
- LisaR @ Who Stole My Baby?: It was an adventure! We're so glad we "stopped b...
Checking the Tweets
Follow @ansenbayer on Twitter