My sweet first baby turned 4 in January. She is determined, independent, and head strong. She’s creative and funny. She has an insatiable appetite for someone to play with her. (Luckily, her playmate is growing as well!) She’s tall and sassy and loves her dresses. Avie also loves Rainbow Dash. She loves Elsa more now, […]
I’m 10 days late on this one, but Arwyn has turned the big O-N-E. It has seemed like an immensely long and incredibly short year. But doesn’t it always?
This time, baby number two, we thought we knew what to expect. Turns out, we were wrong. We were in for a wild ride. From the very beginning, she’s thrown us for a bit of a loop…
January has been particularly hard for our family, so I’m kind of glad it’s over. First, we each took our turn with the flu (or at least a very, very bad cold). And of course, we couldn’t just all have it at the same time. So we had sickness in our house for 2 full […]
I’ve been putting off writing this post. Or really writing any post. But it’s time to just do it. So here goes…. Postpartum depression doesn’t always look like what you think. It doesn’t always happen in the neat little 6 week window when your doctor or midwife asks you all the questions to identify it […]
If Avie is a lesson in patience (which, let’s face it, what 3 year old isn’t), then Arwyn is a lesson in humility. After kiddo number one, I was pretty sure I had this parenting thing figured out. I mean, I’m not perfect, but I never doubted my ability. She ate like a champ, so […]
Since little miss Arwyn is now 3 months old, we are officially past what some call the “Fourth Trimester”. And while I don’t adhere to the full belief in the fourth trimester, I think there is something to be said for transitioning from womb to world. Coming out of the other side, I feel like I’m […]
This summer we are blessed with not one, but two family vacations. One to start and one to end the summer. So we started off the summer with a bang in Destin! A 12+ hour car ride with 2 littles (3 years and 2 months) was not my idea of fun, but we took our time […]
I am not a bandwagon jumper. Especially when it comes to dietary issues. Ansen and I believe in an “everything in moderation” approach to pretty much everything food. I’m sure there are good things about those diets (you know which one’s I’m talking about), but let’s be real. We like food and all kinds. But […]
Arwyn is almost a month old now, so it’s about time I wrote about her birth! Seriously, I have a hard time believing it’s already been 4 weeks, but when the days and nights all run together, I guess it’s not hard to see how that happens. On to the birth: (Disclaimer: this is a […]
Being 8 months pregnant, I decided that if Avie was, in fact, going to have a birthday party, it had to be simple. I’m sort of torn between the fun, excitement of having a birthday party and “does a 3 year old really care?” I settled somewhere between, being the “guardian of birthdays” (which I recently discovered I am in a Myers-Briggs test). We can have a party, but keep it simple… or as simple as this crazy let’s-do-all-the-things momma can be. So we did a build-your-own sundae bar!
Subscribe by E-Mail
Get each of our posts sent directly to your inbox!
- Rainbow Dash Birthday March 21, 2016
- Arwyn turns ONE! March 16, 2016
- A Hard January February 4, 2016
- He Likes to be Asked November 14, 2015
- Lessons in Patience and Humility July 21, 2015
- Fourth Trimester June 13, 2015
- First Family Vacation June 11, 2015
- No Mo’ Milk May 1, 2015
- Arwyn Claire’s Quick Arrival April 6, 2015
- Build-Your-Own Sundae Bar Birthday February 22, 2015
- It Is Late. I Need to Pack. June 4, 2005
- A History of the Blog January 21, 2005
- Copying Tiffany June 11, 2005
- The Relationship Experts February 28, 2005
- IMPORTANT SAFETY BULLETIN March 29, 2005
- Freelance News… July 20, 2005
- Random Ramblings (With Abe, Thomas, and Nathan) February 8, 2005
- Mexican Food and CD Covers May 19, 2005
- Freelance CD July 13, 2005
- Y la montana se movera! February 12, 2006
- Dani: This is amazing. Found this wile looking for a lay...
- Victor: Yeah I agree. Sometimes I want to look something u...
- Dri: It's definitely been a challenge. I haven't been...
- Dri: Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to know everything w...
- Amanda: I just commented on your birth story post, but I w...
- Amanda: Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I found yo...
- criticaforense.com.br: Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your weblo...
- Dri: Thanks Ashley! That's a great suggestion. I'll h...
- Ashley: The Cricut is amazing! But the cartridges are kind...
- Dri: Hey Madison! It’s so exciting to hear that you ...
Checking the Tweets
Follow @ansenbayer on Twitter